Sunday, July 12, 2009

Reasons to lose the weight!

I want to remember the way this feels.... the way that every bit of this feels. I had the most unpleasant experience ever recently... I was selected to be a bridesmaid for a good friend whom I introduced her to her hubby, so I felt kind of obligated to do this.

I did not know all that was involved with being a bridesmaid.... I mean come on I thought wooo a bridal party whoopty doo... boy was I wrong

I had never been more humiliated in my whole life. First dress shopping was madness, I was shopping with two girls that were size 2 and size 10. OH MY GOD! I was a tight 24.

How mortifying! I had to drive two hours away to get my dress. I was so mortified already and it was not even close to the wedding.And then.... after getting dressed and going through with the wedding... a website was sent out with all the wedding pics posted, everyone and even people that didn't attend received this website, even people I was in high school with! and this is the picture that just made me re-think everything, and break down into tears...




there it is... thats me all of me. over 300 lbs. god how did i let myself get this fat?

Since then... I have been so... down and so... I am not even sure how to describe it.. .I have never really seen myself as looking like that, a stuffed sausage basically... with spanx and everything!

I just.... I need to change.. I want to be healthy, I want to go to the gym, I want a healthier life style for myself. For a change I am tired of letting my laziness and my emotions eat the best of me....

It is my time to shine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to you! Losing weight can be an exciting experience, I should know... I've lost the same 40lb probably more than 10 times now...

I'll be rooting for you, and I'll be back to see your progress!

ShredFail said...

Good for you - it is great that you decided to make a change while you are young. Changing your habits for a happy healthy life!

Betsey C. said...

Your post made my heart ache. How well I know that feeling of despair. The good news is -- you CAN do this! And losing weight is one of the most exciting things that can happen to you. To me, the biggest thrill is fitting into something hanging in my closet that has been too tight. Bliss!! Good luck, and enjoy your journey.

Hallie said...

I actually think you look nice in that picture - beautiful arms and skin. But can obviously understand the desire to lose weight. Good luck to you as you get started. Paris is WONDERFUL!