Thursday, July 16, 2009

This is officially hard.

This post is kind of an admittance to myself that this whole beginning to weight loss is really hard. I have a huge issue with late night eating, and I never really been able to tackle it. Today my diet was really awesome! I had 200 calories of rice chex cereal with 1% reduced fat milk, with an apple as a mid day snack. I then had a very large salad with a bunch of veggies, broccoli, cucumber, green beans, Roma tomato, just overall a bunch of good stuff, with carrots and a light raspberry vinaigrette dressing. for dinner, i had some more greens, with carrots and broccoli as a late snack.

I finally told my roommates that I needed them to kind of help me in my efforts and respect the fact that they should not make my favorite foods and eat them 6 inches from my face.

My boyfriend and I were not understanding each other and he didn't understand why this was so difficult for me, because I have quit smoking cold turkey for over a month now, and I quit cutting myself, which I did when I was a young teenager, and just over came a lot of junk in my life, so this was hard for him to understand. Once we got on the same page and he realised how much this meant to me things got better from there. He is actually supporting me and encouraging me now to spend the cash and get a gym membership.

I have decided I need to work on my diet. I am still not sure weather counting calories, or doing weight watchers points is the best options... if anyone has input that would be great!

4 comments:

ShredFail said...

I think it depends on your personality. If you are able to wing it and figure out what works for you - do it. If not, then seek out a more regimented program like WW. I'm not a good rule follower but I need to be accountable in some way. So no WW for me...but I am writing down every thing I eat so I can see the calories in front of me. I am reporting things on my blog so I at least feel somewhat accountable.

As for the late night thing...it is hard. One suggestion is make sure you eat enough during the day so that you aren't ravenous in the evening. It isn't a competition to eat as little as possible - it is making good, healthy choices that will fuel you. And don't forget the lean protein! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,

Counting calories has always worked very well for me. It also helps me to make sure I am eating ENOUGH.

My advise would be to make sure you LOVE what you are eating. If you felt deprived after the salad for lunch and salad/veggies for dinner, that might make you more tempted to reach for something less healthy in the evening. Experiment and find some things that you get excited about eating that are healthy and balanced (you need fat and grains and protein too)...

Don't worry, you're doing great!

Caitlin said...

I get where you are coming from. I can go all day without eating, but at night I eat nonstop.

I was also a cutter, whom quit, and a smoker whom quit, but losing weight is hella hard for me!

Steelers6 said...

Hi, Carrie--so proud of you already, girl!!

Just wanted to comment that your dinner seemed to be lacking a bit on this post. You need to get some grilled chicken, or fish or something like that going on there.

Be careful not to eat too little, or think you must go in to major deprive mode. If you are feeling really deprived it might not last. Think LIFESTYLE, babe!

I'll be checkin on ya!
Best, ChrissyS